Gordon Gekko: The richest one percent of this country owns half our country’s wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It’s bullshit. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it. Now you’re not naive enough to think we’re living in a democracy, are you buddy? It’s the free market. And you’re a part of it. You’ve got that killer instinct. Stick around pal, I’ve still got a lot to teach you.
I think, therefore I am not. Only when the mind is silent I am – Jordan Duchnycz
Its almost as though I completely forgot about this blog, after having the last 6 days to embark on a deep spiritual journey. This has caused me to not be on this blog as often as I like. In any case I hope to post more in the coming days. Over the past days, I have watched every Spirit Science (more on this later) meditated extensively, read a buddhist boot camp, and have been arguing with myself on whether to become a new age cook or not. Regardless of my decision I am to maintain meditation, however things like lucid dreaming I am not so sure about. As after much reading, I have come to know these things may, or may not be related to Satin. Therefore, what I’ve decided is I will decide for myself, by practicing catholicism, buddhism, and new age (astral projection) simultaneously and seeing which is the overbearing force. If I receive even the slightest inclination Astral Projection is related to Satanism, I’m out. Ironically, during this journey I’ve continued watching Darkmatter2525, as his comedic abilities far surpass any religion I’ve experienced thus far.
In any case, the quote above is on meditation, and I think that it’s a quite interesting and contradictory viewpoint to the western cogito ergo sum, tell me what you think.
Think more, be more, or maybe not!
- The dangers of Astral Projection? Demons, ghosts, night terrors and lucid dreams. (spiritualphilosopher2013.wordpress.com)
- Astral Projection: A Life Experience Not Worthy of Giving It Another Try (lynlorilla.wordpress.com)
- Cogito Ergo Sum… (aliviaayers.wordpress.com)
- Mindfulness: Be Simple and Easy, Just Rest in Awareness (II) – A lesson from Munindra, a Bengali Buddhist master and scholar (lightbuddhism.wordpress.com)
- Silent room (kelachinart.wordpress.com)
Today I have a bit of a long quote for you, however you can probably relate well to it. This quote is from a novel that we had to read for english called touching darkness. Most of you hate monday’s however I have something to make your monday better. http://www.youtube.com/user/etthehiphoppreacher I Absolutely love this guy, last year he went viral, and every monday he posts a TGIM, and in case you want one of these everyday, he’s been posting them for 7 years. In any case definitely check him out.
Think More, Be more
- T.g.i.m (amberjanecole.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration. | @Ericthomasbtc (#TGIM) (championsince.com)
- TGIM: Learning to Love Monday (drjenniferhoward.com)
- Meeting Eric Thomas (pdedge.wordpress.com)
- Watch “THIS IS WHY I GRIND (TGIM S7 E16)” on YouTube (mirrormotivationmedia.wordpress.com)
- T.G.I.M. (Thank God Its Monday) (pastij.wordpress.com)